In these terms and conditions, the words below shall have the following meaning:
- “Website” means The Economics Design Book website [www.book.economicsdesign.com]
- “Company” refers to Economics Design Private Limited and any other related subsidiaries;
- “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions;
- “Products” means the hardcopy book, digital book and other services that the Company provides in the Website.
- “Working Day” means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
- “Us” means the Company and you together; and
- “You” and “Your” means the person ordering the Products under these terms and conditions.
- When you register with The Economics Design Book website (Website), you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. Do not disclose your password to anyone and you should keep your password safe to yourself. If you feel it has been compromised, you should change it immediately.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform the Company as soon as possible by updating details by signing into your account on the Website, and updating your online wallet.
- Your information is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling this to anyone. The Company shares the customers’ personal information only as described below and, in certain limited circumstances:
- Third party service providers: We engage with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders for products or services; delivering packages;
- Sending postal mail and e-mail (including sending promotional emails on the Company’s behalf);
- Removing repetitive information from customer lists;
- Analysing data; providing marketing assistance; providing search results and links (including paid listings and links);
- Processing payments;
- Transmitting content; and
- Providing customer service.
These third party service providers would have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. In addition, they must process the personal information in accordance with the contractual agreement we enter into with them and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Protection of The Economics Design Book and others: We do not release personal information unless required by law when appropriate; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations and companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Business Expansion: As we continue to develop our business, we might build a new subsidiary, sell or buy other businesses or services. In this transition and transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets.
- Any contract for purchases made through the Website will be with the Economics Design Private Limited (company registration number 201909944H) whose registered office is situated at 7 Temasek Boulevard, #12-07, Suntec Tower One, Singapore 038987.
- Your order can only be processed by the Company if the Company receives payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you ordered. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by the Company. Once payment has been processed, the Company will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you have provided. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged.
Once your order has been dispatched, the Company will be deemed as an acceptance of your order which leads into a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form as a part of the contract.
- The Company will not process any orders in the case of errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods (including the advertised price of the goods) appearing on our Website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email and reserve the right to cancel your order.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order, terminate any Website account or refuse any of the Company’s Products if your behaviour gives us a justified reason to do so. This will in particular be the case if you are in breach of applicable laws, applicable contractual provisions, our guidelines or our policies, which are all accessible on this Website, or if you engage in fraudulent activities or behaviour.
- The Company reserves the right and in its sole discretion to amend or withdraw any these terms and conditions without prior notice; and
- Your right of cancellation
- Your order is non-refundable after 5 days upon payment.
- The Company does not offer refunds and does not offer exchange in any circumstances i.e. promotions after full price purchase of the Company’s Products.
- Availability of goods you order
If the Company has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by the Company from your payment method will be credited to your account and the Company will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. The Company will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or to supply the Products in this situation. The Company endeavours to bring the best value we can to our customers by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. The price of the Products are offered for are as displayed in your online basket, but that is subject to the rest of these terms.
- Delivery of goods to you
The Company will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give the Company at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the Website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the Products you have ordered when the Products are dispatched to you from our distribution centre.
All prices displayed on the Website are exclusive of any applicable local sales tax which the Company may be required to charge. Any tax mandated by the delivery location outside Singapore must be borne by you upon or before the arrival of your Products.
When ordering from the Website, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the Products.
When ordering Products from the Website for delivery into the EU or Northern Ireland either local VAT or import duties and taxes may be due. Where import duties and taxes are due, these are your responsibility. You agree that these import duties and taxes are not included in the final price paid upon your checkout and that the Company is not responsible for the local VAT, import duties and taxes.
When ordering Products from the Website for delivery to some other overseas destinations, your package may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance, including applicable import duties and taxes, must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
You authorise the Company to designate a carrier (“Designated Carrier”) to act, as is appropriate depending on the applicable customs procedure, as your direct or indirect representative/agent, before the relevant customs and tax authorities in the destination country, for the purpose of clearing for importing merchandise as well as processing and remitting customs duties and any other tax levied at the time of importation.
This is as follows:
- If the Products the Company delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, the Company shall have no liability to you unless you notify the Company in writing at the Company contact address of the problem within 5 working days of the delivery of Products in question.
- If you do not receive Products ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, the Company shall have no liability to you unless you notify the Company in writing at the Company contact address of the problem within 35 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to the Company under this condition, the Company’s only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
- The Company will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to the Company under this condition and the Company shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under Clause 4 above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit the Company liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
The Company shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which the Company excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The Company operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following email addresses:
- For Books: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Courses: email@example.com
These terms and conditions, together with the current Website prices, delivery details and the Company contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the Products to you by the Company. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of the Company should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any Products offered for sale by the Company. The Company shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading, save that nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by Us.
In the event that any of these terms is held to be invalid, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all prior discussions or understandings relating to such matters. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, Singapore law.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. The Company shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this Website or its contents.
The Company is providing this Website and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Website or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, the Company makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this Website or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the Company howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither the Company nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our Website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to websites of other organisations, which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own Website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. Moreover, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our Website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of the Company.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of the Company, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with the Company, or using this Website as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of the Company is strictly prohibited.
The Company and the Company logo are registered trademarks belonging to the Economics Design Private Limited. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used in this Website are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by the Company in respect of the use of its or any such other trademarks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.